Too bad Stallone can’t fit in serving his country at the pleasure of the President of the United States of America with his schedule of filming “Stop or My Mom Will Shoot 2″…
Yahoo News – UPDATE: Sylvester Stallone is “flattered” by the consideration, but has suggested he will not be taking a top National Endowment for the Arts post in the administration of Donald Trump. Word emerged last week that the Oscar nominee was being eyed for a big role at the NEA. Late Sunday, he released a statement through his publicist saying, “I believe I could be more effective by bringing national attention to returning military personnel in an effort to find gainful employment, suitable housing and financial assistance these heroes respectfully deserve.”
“I am incredibly flattered to have been suggested to be involved” with the NEA he said.
PREVIOUS, FRIDAY 10:11 AM PT: Is Sylvester Stallone getting political? Rumors surfaced yesterday that Stallone is being eyed to join Donald Trump’s administration with a high post in the National Endowment for the Arts after a report surfaced in London’s Daily Mail. Sources said that Stallone has indeed been offered, and is mulling it.
He is coming off an Oscar nomination for Creed, reprising his signature role of Rocky Balboa, 40 years after getting his first Oscar nom in the Best Picture-winning Rocky. It seems as much a long-shot as Rocky’s ring fortunes, but his former action rival Arnold Schwarzenegger did become California State governor.
We’re trying to get official word from Stallone so stay tuned on this one.
Image Source: 15minutenews.com
Image Source: oneguyrambling.com